Friday, July 18, 2014
Monday, July 7, 2014
So there is one more video of me getting the "old top box" ready to become the second box and putting the new box (the super) on top of that one. I have taken 2 bars with combs out of the old one and placed them next to each other in the super. I put them toward the left end of the box, since they always seem to start building comb at that end and then move across (right).
Sunday, July 6, 2014
So I took off the roof, then the quilt box. I pulled back the top cloth and removed 2 combs attached to their top bars and transferred them into the new top box. Then I put two replacement top bars back in those boxes.
Because after I said there isn't any capped brood, I saw some or capped pollen but I think it's a capped drone cell. The puffy yellow thing.
Anyway, then I put the cloth on top of the "new top box" after I put the new box on top of the hive. Then I reassembled it. All went well. No stings.
and this is inside the box when 2 top bars/combs are removed: