Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Friday April 17 (day 6) and Tuesday April 21 (day 10)

It was really warm during the first week of the hives - up to 70 degrees. I filled the feeders on day 6 (they were pretty low - but I had only filled them 1/3 full initially). I left for Boston and on day 8, it got cold, in fact, yesterday, April 21, it was SNOWING when I went to the hive. The wind was blowing hard and my hands were SO cold.

I filled the feeders but they were only down ~1/4 so not sure why they weren't taking down more syrup. I put some pollen patties on top of the top bars, under the cloth - and placed them above the clusters on each hive. I smoked the hives when I did it but honestly, it was so chilly, I probably didn't have to.

Closed up the hives and will wait for warm weather to check on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment