Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tuesday Sept 22, 2015 Put the empty box back under the hives

So after much intellectual teeth gnashing I went out this morning before the rain, and put the empty box below my weak or 2 box hive but WHOA was it heavy to lift those top two boxes!!  So that's a good sign of how much honey is in the two boxes, and still taking syrup down!

As you recall, I have 4 boxes on the "strong" hive and I decided to put one box back under - remember we removed 2 boxes three days ago. Anyway, no way could I lift those top 2 boxes, so Mark hefted them, which exposed some honey. YIKES.  Then I pulled the bottom 2 boxes (not as heavy) and then I replaced an empty box and stacked the other four back on.

Now there is LOTS of activity outside that hive - I hope I did not stimulate robbing behavior.

Here are the videos of the activity this afternoon:


No comments:

Post a Comment