Saturday, May 23, 2015

Week 6 - Day 42 of my 3rd year of beehives

Beautiful out! Well, not very sunny, but quite mild.
The top box of Hive 1 is jammed full with lovely comb and lots of bees. They have expanded into the second box and have 3-4 combs in there.
Hive 2 is full in the top box as well but there aren't as many bees. Only one comb in the second box with very little activity.

I added a 3rd  box to the bottom of each hive "nadired" - put pollen patties on the top bars of the second box and put them back together.

I will need to add syrup tomorrow but I didn't bring any with me and I was in a hurry since we had a "date night" for the St Paul Chamber Orchestra - I'm writing this after the concert and it was wonderful. Bach, Schoenberg and Schubert.

Anyway, there's the update....

No comments:

Post a Comment