Sunday, May 31, 2015

Week 7, Year 3 Sunday May 31, 2015 Last time I'm opening the hive until autumn

So I put pollen patties on the top of the 3rd box (bottom box) of each hive. The top picture is blurry however, but you can see the bees next to the pollen patty.

 I washed out the 4 one quart jars and then filled them with 1:1 sugar syrup. Here are the feeder jars in the feeder box:
 This is Hive#2, the southeast hive, the top box is full of comb and the second box has 2 combs in it:
 Here is my smoker puffing nicely toward my electric fence charger:
 Here I am with my bee jacket and my hive tool:
 This larva was visible through the window of the 3rd box or bottom box of Hive 2 and was laying on the floor. I chose not to open it all up again.
Here's a video of both hives after I had them put back together:


No comments:

Post a Comment